Internet Electrician E-Book Project Series:
Wiring Your Basement – The Rough-in Stage
“This can be one of the more complex do-it-yourself projects, but with a little guidance and the right amount of proper pre-planning, you can easily tackle the job”.
– Terry Peterman, the Internet Electrician
Are You Planning on Developing Your Basement?
This Step-By-Step Basement Wiring Guide Will Save You Time, Money and Hours of Frustration!
Topics included in this informative guide:
1. Questions to ask yourself BEFORE you begin the project.
– Asking these KEY questions at the start of the project can save you time, money and frustration!
2. Planning – the most important step you will take. How well you prepare will impact your entire project. The e-book includes:
• Minimum requirements for your project
• How comprehensive does your plan need to be?
• Do you need a blueprint?
• Local authorities you MUST take into consideration
• Planning considerations that you might not be aware of
3. Factors to consider when marking your outlets. Different rooms have their own unique requirements that you must follow.
• Code considerations
• Telephone, television, cable and satellite consideration
• When you require 3-way and 4-way switches
• Planning for appliances, electronics and furniture
• Outlet height
• GFCI ‘Smart Lock’ requirements
• Mechanical room requirements
4. Mounting the boxes.
• Box selection – recommended types and why
• Installation techniques
5. Planning the circuits and drilling the holes.
• Wire type and size
• Code requirements
• Electrical authority guidelines
6. Pulling in the wire.
• Tips and techniques to make the job easier
• Code and other considerations you must be aware of
7. Securing and cutting in the cables.
• Code requirements
• Why you must strap your cables
• Recommended tools for the project
8. Cutting the cables into the panel.
• When you can/can’t do this yourself
• What to look for in your panel
• How to work on your panel SAFELY
9. Tools and material lists.
The e-book is loaded with step-by-step instructions, detailed diagrams, photos and tips from the Internet Electrician.
It will save you time, money, and simplify a challenging project.
INSTANT ACCESS – INSTANT DOWNLOAD
You can download the product immediately and use it on any Windows PC, Apple Mac or other computer supporting Adobe PDF file format.